Monday, July 18, 2011

Let's get this STARTED!!!

Alright well it is time to get blogging!

As some of you know I leave for Madrid, Spain at the end of August and will be studying there until the beginning of December. I'm going there to finish my Spanish and Journalism degrees, however while I'm there I plan to really explore Europe and learn a lot about cultures that are quite foreign from my own. I cannot hold back my excitement on this hidden world that I will soon be able to explore. When I graduate I hope to find myself in a sports broadcasting career, however when I look into the options available, I feel I would enjoy many of the options I have in front of me.

However, I still have a month and a half at home in Colorado so until we get closer to departure this blog will be a little more focused around sports! This is because I am interning at Fox 31 in Denver in the sports department and I want to be writing about those experiences too! I work down at Fox Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I am editing and helping produce the half hour Saturday show: Double Coverage as well as the 15 minute Sunday Double Coverage. I work with Josina Anderson and Zubin Mehenti mostly and it has been a blast so far. Soon though, possibly within hours things are about to get even MORE exciting down there as the NFL lockout is about to end, if a few final pieces can be settled. This is a big deal for football but a great opportunity for me because Josina has a huge role in football coverage and to learn for her in the action will be an amazing experience! We should be covering training camp and stories like Tebow or Orton. This opportunity is like a DREAM to me! Loving every second of it and can't wait to bring everyone along with me!

Follow me on Twitter at LJShort39

1 comment: