Saturday, July 21, 2012

Get this show on the road!!

So I've definitely been slacking on the blogging for a while, so I've decided it's time to get back on it..

And I guess I'll start with the recent tragedy. I honestly don't even know what to say. How can something like this happen. Innocent and good people went to see a movie... Among them Jessica Redfield. I worked with Jessica for a few days at Fox31 in Denver. When I heard it on the news it took me a long time to really absorb. I'm living in Aruba right now so first hearing it was in Colorado was shocking then realizing a new one of the victims. Heart wrenching. My heart and prayers go out to absolutely everyone involved. Life truly is precious.
As a 22 year-old I had no idea how many of my amazing friends and acquaintances lives would be cut shot.
RIP Karen. Jessica. Ken.


Ah, tough. Moving on to a lighter note...
So I am in Aruba, the A of the ABC Dutch islands right north east of Venezuela. It is beautiful. White sandy beaches, crystal clear blue ocean water, hot clear skies and many wonderful friendly people. I am here with my college friend Dana. We meet someone new everyday! And you never know who it will be. Yesterday we played poker with a group of divers who own a dive shop, then later talked with American pre-med students studying Caribbean medicine, and ended the night learning some new dutch with the locals! Right now we don't have a car so getting a job is really difficult, but the word is out and we look every day. August is more promising, so right now were just kind of enjoying the sun.

We did spend last Thursday- Saturday in Curaçao. Curaçao is bigger than Aruba but we just stayed in the little town area. It was more of the Dutch architecture and extremely vibrant colors! We stayed at a nice hotel the first night and it had an infinity pool that went right into the ocean, so really we didn't leave there much!!


That's all for now, I'll be around more though!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment